Thursday, December 23, 2004

reading and math

Today we did math and reading. Math can be somewhat fustrating to teach, takes a lot of patience. My son worked on multiplication of 3 digit numbers and my daughter worked on fractions. It took about 20 minutes to complete the math work. I think we have to do math everyday so that it becomes second nature to them.
As for the reading, I had them read a short story, and then they gave me an oral report about what they read.
My daughter ussually has her violin lesson on thursdays, but her teacher is on vacation right now. I will have her practice on her own today.
I was planning on borrowing an educational video today, unfortunately the university library is closed till the beginning of January.
I just remembered that we might be getting some DVD's from the mail today. I rent dvd's online and use it for the homeschool.
I'll close here for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home